total commander full Archives
Re: Search inside archive files (zip, jar, tar etc)
#6Postby mberg2007 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:29 pm
I managed with some difficulty to avoid cloning the absolutely humongous git repo and extract just the 64 bit gtk release
I extracted the files and made two symbolic links from my existing 0.6 installation so that doublecmd -> the 0.7 alpha version and doublecmd.zdli -> the 0.7 alpha version. All the other files in the doublecmd installation directory were left untouched.
When I started the new doublecmd, it came up completely unconfigured. Meaning that all my column definitions and other preferences appeared to have been reset to defaults.
When I removed the symlinks (returning to 0.6), my preferences were restored to their former glory.
Any idea how I can keep my 0.6 preferences in 0.7?
EDIT: I found out why. In linux a symbolic link runs with a home directory = the directory the linked-from file is in. Or something. In any event it simply didn't find the session.ini file. I solved this by copying the two files rather than symlinking them. Now i'm on 0.7.0-alpha and searching inside zip files is working like a charm
EDIT2: As a Java developer the first thing I had to do was to configure jar as an archive type that the zip plugin would understand. This is a pretty common file format, you might want to include this configuration by default.
, total commander full Archives
total commander full Archives
TC4Shell is the perfect tool for opening an enormous range of archive types
such as ZIP, RAR and 7Z, directly in Windows Explorer
Got tired of keeping multiple applications for 7-ZIP, RAR and ISO on your PC? Want to open all archive formats directly in Windows Explorer? Or feeling uncomfortable without your favorite WCX plug-ins for Total Commander? If yes, then TC4Shell will fit just fine!
TC4Shell is a file archiver which makes things as simple as possible, but not simpler. Thanks to its core feature – ultimate integration with Windows Explorer – you will be able to handle archives and disk images just like regular folders. Everything you might need when dealing with archives is now right within reach: copy/paste, drag&drop, running executables directly from archives, as well as working with nested archives and self-extracting (SFX) packages.
In addition, TC4Shell enables you with easy, yet convenient, password manager and package profiles. If you often send or receive password-protected archives, you can set up passwords for encryption and then simply pick them up from the TC4Shell's dialog box when packing files. The same mechanism also applies to package profiles – simply configure compression parameters, such as compression level and method, and then re-use them by picking up the corresponding profile. Cheap and cheerful!
And finally, if you want to extend TC4Shell functionality, feel free to download and install your favorite archive plug-ins for Total Commander. Or, if you ever chance upon 7-ZIP archives created with a different codec (such as ZStandard or LZHAM), this codec can be downloaded and used in TC4Shell as well.
By default, TC4Shell supports a broad range of archive formats and disk images:
|7Z archive||7z, 7zip|
|ZIP archive||zip, zipx|
|GZIP archive||gz, gzip, gz, tgz|
|BZIP2 archive||bz2, bzip2, bz2, tb2, tbz, tbz2|
|ISO disc image||iso, udf|
|WIM disk image||wim|
and many others.
TC4Shell works on all operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are fully supported.
Total Commander 9.51
As featured in:
Total Commander is a file manager replacement that offers multiple language support, search, file comparison, directory synchronization, quick view panel with bitmap display, ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling plus plugins, built-in FTP client with FXP, HTTP proxy support, and more. If you interested in downloading the latest beta version of Total Commander you can head here.
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many imporvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions And many more!
Android version updated to 3.00:
- Unpack rar5, 7z, tar, gz, z, bz2, arj, lzh, iso, img, cab in addition to zip and rar
- Multi-rename tool: To use it, select at least one file or folder
- Compare by content (via context menu): Select exactly 2 files
- Backup and install split APK files
- "Open with" now allows to choose between file: and content: URL parameters on Android 10
- Define internal associations for the context menu "Play (foreground)", e.g. to set a player for streaming from plugins
- Hotkeys Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V (copy, cut, paste via clipboard) and Ctrl+R (re-read) for users with external keyboard
- Button bar: New parameters action: and category: supported, to explicitly set the action and one or more categories
- Media Player: Show current track and total tracks under icon in overhead notification
- Master password: Let the user choose between the new (BiometricPrompt) and old (FingerprintManager) fingerprint functions
- Support wildcards in ignore list, e.g. *~ or name*.*
- Apply ignore list also to virtual folders like ///_SD-Card
- Search function: Added "Older than" option
- Support for Android 10
Windows, macOS and Linux 9.51 release notes:
- Dark mode, starting with Windows XP, full support with Windows 10 1809 (Fall 2018), inofficially also with older Windows versions (ForceDarkModeOptions=1)
- Mouse cursor now jumps to default button if this is enabled in Control Panel under "Mouse"
- Show up to 3 connected USB devices without drive letter (e.g. phones, tablets) also in drive buttonbar
- Increased directory history length to 200 (configurable via HistoryLenStored)
- History: Only show directories in which the user performed some operation (configurable). Alt+Shift+Down arrow shows full history
- Drive dropdown list, drive buttonbar: Show "eject" overlay over drive icon for removable drives
- When scrolling through file lists with the keyboard, keep a margin of 4 lines above/below the current position (configurable)
- Directory panels: Show for hard links/soft links to files instead of 0 size
- Ctrl+Q quick view: Show contents of link target instead of lnk file content
- Configuration - Options - Display: New option "Append \" to show folders as Folder\ instead of [Folder]
- Internal associations: Optional: Add extra verbs from ALL matching filters, default "open" only from the first match
- Show "New" submenu also in context menu for [..] entry, to create new file in current directory
- Windows 10, context menu: Menu item "Share" didn't do anything -> handle it internally
- Quick search dialog: Clear search with Ctrl+Y
- Right click on directory tab -> "Recently closed tabs"
- Show location of Total Commander EXE file in about box
- Archives: Choose codepage when unpacking files, e.g. to unpack names with cyrillic characters. Show [Auto] or chosen encoding in tab header.
- OneDrive folder: Handle folders appearing as file system links
- F5 copy dialog: Support directory hotlist (Ctrl+D)
- Create CRC checksums: New options to use Unix format, and to always use UTF-8
- Support substrings from environment variables, e.g. %variable:~2,3%
FTP / File system plugins:
- Transfer from FTP server to FTP server with F5: Option to copy via local PC
- Transfer from/to FTP/FS plugins: Support copy filters like the local file copy function, e.g. *.txt | excludeddir\
- FTP, upload/download with F5 - F2 in background: Support client certificate
- RestrictInterface=6144: Disallow all plugins, or 4096: Only allow plugins with a valid digital signature
- New placeholder [c] = number of files in list
- New placeholder [S] = file size
- Option to use 'Everything' to load the tree
- Combobox to change drive, open with Alt+F1 or Alt+F2
- Search with 'Everything': Show percent of the search results transferred to Total Commander
- Improved search in Office xml files (e.g. .docx, .ods etc): find accented characters
- Automatically check 'Everything' option when using prefix ev: or ed: in search field
- Option to search in search results only
- View previous search results
- Define which view method and plugin should be used when opened, separately by file type, e.g. all jpg files with internal image viewer
- Press '8' to show preview as the Explorer (uses IPreviewHandler or IThumbnailProvider if the former isn't available)
- Support printing of JPG/PNG/GIF in Lister with internal image viewer
Compare by content:
- Set color for underlined search results
- Use Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown to jump to next/previous directory
- New internal commands with parameters: LOADSELECTION, SAVESELECTION, SAVEDETAILS plus ANSI/Unicode versions
- cm_ModernShare allows to use the new Windows 10 "Share" context menu item directly
- cm_ChangeArchiveEncoding to open the archive encoding popup menu
- cm_MoveTabLeft and cm_MoveTabRight to manually move current tab
Since 32-bit plugins cannot be used by 64-bit programs, they need to be converted first. Therefore there will not be many plugins available initially for 64-bit. If you use plugins extensively, you should keep using the 32-bit version. You can install both in parallel to the same directory - there is now a separate installer which will install both together.
Popular apps in File Explorers
What’s New in the total commander full Archives?
System Requirements for Total commander full Archives