Google WiFi appis released by Google Inc. The purpose is that all the web users so that they can control and efficiently use the Wi-Fi network. This application is created for Android users only. Also, Google WiFi app is not available for PC on the web. As a result, an Android emulator can help to useGoogle WiFi App on Windows7,8,10, Mac PC. The steps of the guide are in the below blog.
Download And Install Google WiFi App For PC – Windows & Mac
Google Wifi is an application for Android devices that was developed by one of the most popular companies in the world – “Google”. This application was built to help the people for connecting their devices and efficiently connect and control their Wi-Fi network using a smartphone or tablet.
Using the Google Wifi app allows you to control your Google OnHub or Wifi devices. It can also help you to manage your Wi-Fi network to see which devices are connected. It also allows you to limit the Wi-Fi usage or prioritize the device connected to it.
Being a Google made Wifi device makes it very popular for the people around the world. Since it already reached millions of downloads, many people are looking for a way to use it on their computers. To download the Google Wifi app for PC on Windows or Mac, you have to do a workaround.
As of today, there is no version for the Windows or Mac of this app. So, the only way to use it is to download and install an Android emulator program. The emulator is simply software to let you run Android Operating System on Windows or Mac.
In fact, millions of people are using the emulator programs for their PC for running Android apps. If you want to continue downloading and installing the Google Wifi app for PC, read the whole article. For now, we are going to list the features of the Google Wifi app.
About Google WiFi App
If you are a user of a Wi-Fi network, then Google WiFi is the perfect tool for you. That is because it makes easy to set-up and controls OnHub and devices that are connected to the network. Not only that, you can prioritize devices on the same network and even can pause the connection of devices as well.
Google WiFi shares a feature that will notify you how many devices are connected to your network. It can create a connection for guests too. Furthermore, check how much bandwidth you are using with this tool.
Features Of The Google Wifi App For PC
- This application lets you connect and set up your Google OnHub or Wifi in a few minutes.
- You can check and see what devices are connected to the network in real-time.
- It has parental control for Wi-Fi usage of your kids so that you can limit their activity.
- The Google Wifi app allows you to create a guest account network.
- It allows you to select the device connected and give it a network priority.
- Modify or update the Wi-Fi SSID or password from this app.
- Google Wifi app allows you to create a network manager that can help you to monitor the activity of your Wi-Fi connected devices.
Google Wifi App Preview
The Google Wifi app lets you set up and control your Google Wifi points or OnHub right from your mobile device. It puts you in control of your network — easily share your Wi-Fi password, see what devices are online, prioritize them for better performance, or pause the Wi-Fi on kids’ devices. The app also provides insights to help you get the most out of your Wi-Fi.
Here’s what you can do with the Google Wifi app
- Set up your Google Wifi system or OnHub in just a few minutes
- Prioritize a device for faster speeds when it matters most
- Pause the Wi-Fi on kids’ devices
- See what’s connected to your network and how much bandwidth you’re using
- Create a separate network for your guests
- Run a network check to test your connection speed
- Make changes to your settings, such as your Wi-Fi network name and password
- Add a network manager who can help you monitor your Wi-Fi
- General stability & performance improvements.
How To Install Google Wifi For PC – Windows 10, 8, 7 Or Mac
We have already discussed that we are going to use an Android emulator software, but for people who are not familiar with it, it is just a program that lets you use Android apps from your PC. This means that even if you are using a laptop or computer, you will be capable of using Google Wifi App for PC by installing and running an Android emulator.
There are multiple emulators available on the internet such as Nox App Player, Ko Player, Bliss, GameLoop, Xamarin, Remix OS Player, or BlueStacks. However, the fastest one and the best emulator that we passed on our test are the BlueStacks and Nox App Player.
Using this emulator will ensure that you can use Google Wifi for the computer. Although another emulator can also run it, we are only going to focus on the installation of BlueStacks and Nox Player.
Prepare Your PC To Run It
Before installing the Google Wifi app on your PC, you have to make sure that your computer is capable and ready for it. This can also avoid you from getting trouble or glitches later on. So follow the steps below and install the following requirements.
- Download then install or update the Visual C++ and .NET framework. You can get the installer by a simple Google search or just head to the website of Microsoft.
- The graphics driver must be installed correctly or updated to the latest version. For AMD cards, you can go to their official website and download it. The same method applies for NVIDIA users. If you have no GPU installed, your computer is using a built-in GPU, the drivers can be found on Intel or AMD website.
- Free some storage space. Ideal storage is 20GB and above so you’ll be able to install Google Wifi App for PC or laptop.
- The memory of your laptop or computer must have 2GB and above. Else, you need to install an additional memory stick. If you cannot do that, just increase the virtual memory of your computer.
- You need to enable Virtualization Technology. This option is very important for any kind of Android emulator. This can improve the performance of the emulator exponentially.
If you follow the above method, we are very sure that your computer will be able to download and execute Google Wifi for the computer.
How To Download And Install Google Wifi App For PC With BlueStacks Emulator
The BlueStacks emulator can be installed easily. Even if you are a non-technical guy, you will be able to download and install it easily.
Once you have the installer file, execute it and follow the requirements of this emulator program. Then hit the button of “Install Now” to continue.
This will start the download progress of BlueStacks. Wait until it finished then double click the icon from desktop to launch it.
Launching this emulator will prompt you to provide the account details of your Gmail account. Make sure to type the correct account then enter it.
After that, find the Play Store and type the “Google Wifi” app. Click the download button once you have already found it. For reference, you can check the image above to download and install the correct app.
Now you will be able to use Google Wifi for computer once you have finished the installation. You can find the shortcut of this app from the desktop. Double click it to start launching this Google Wifi app.
Install Google Wifi For Computer With Nox App Player Emulator
Installing the Nox App Player is also very simple due to its user-friendly interface. By the way, the Nox App Player emulator focused on running apps faster than another emulator program.
So you can expect that running the Google Wifi app for PC will launch instantly assuming that you followed the necessary steps for enhancing the emulator at the previous topic.
To get the installer of Nox Player, visit the official website from the link we provided. After that, click the download button and start saving the installer into your PC. Launch the installer once you have finished downloading this emulator software. Follow the on-screen instruction to finished it.
Now, double click the Nox App Player emulator from your computer and next is to run the Google Play Store app. The Google Play app will ask for your credentials so enter it. Once you can navigate to its apps, click the search and type the “Google Wifi” app. Make sure to click the right one and then start downloading it. This will install the Google Wifi app for PC on your Windows or Mac automatically. You can run this app whenever you want as soon as the installation has finished.
APK Installation Method Of Google Wifi
There are times that we don’t feel typing our account details on another external source. This includes our Gmail account. However, we cannot access the Google Play Store and download the Google Wifi app if we don’t log in to our details.
This problem can be solved if we use an APK installation. APK file is simply the .exe version of Windows or .dmg file of Mac. So with the APK file of this app, we can still install the Google Wifi for PC. To get the Google Wifi App APK, you can simply search for it from any search engines.
Once you have the installer, run the emulator installed on your PC. Now look for Install APK option and click it.
Browse for the Google Wifi APK file and run it. This will install the Google Wifi app for the computer without providing the details or opening the Google Play Store.
Keep in mind that if you use the APK file, you cannot update this app automatically. Auto-update features are only available for apps downloaded directly on the Google Play Store. You need to download again the latest APK of Google Wifi to update it and you have to do it manually.
The Google Wifi app is a truly amazing and useful software for managing and controlling our Wifi connection using a mobile or tablet. However, there are times that we need to run it using our computer. This problem can be solved by using an emulator to run the Google Wifi for PC. Now we can finally use this app even without using Android devices.
Set up Google Wifi
Let’s get you set up with your new Google Wifi system. Here’s what you’ll need to get started
- Google Wifi point(s)
- Google Account username and password
- Google Wifi app for Android 4 and up or iOS 10 and up
- Broadband connection
- Some ISPs use VLAN tagging. You may need additional equipment for Google Wifi to work. Learn how to set up your network with an ISP that uses VLAN tagging.
- Modem (Note: The Google Wifi point is not a modem. To use it, you’ll have to connect it to a modem with an Ethernet cable. This can be a standalone modem or a modem+router combo provided by your ISP. Don’t have a modem? Some apartment buildings and dorms don’t require modems for broadband connections. If this is the case, you can plug the Google Wifi point directly into your wall’s Ethernet jack.)
- Ethernet cable for the primary Wifi point (provided)
- Power adapter for each Wifi point (provided)
Note: We strongly recommend purchasing Google Wifi from the country where you’ll be using it. Since wireless regulations vary by country, you may experience compatibility issues if you move your Wifi device(s) to a different country and Google will be unable to offer support. If you’re setting up a mesh network, we recommend purchasing all of your Wifi points in the same country.
Step 1: Find a spot for your Google Wifi point
Your primary Wifi point needs to be connected to a modem. Depending on the length of the Ethernet and power cables, this may limit where you’re able to place it.
If possible, place your Wifi point in plain view like on a shelf or TV stand. It also helps to choose a central location at eye level.
Step 2: Plug in your primary Wifi point
- Connect the provided Ethernet cable to the WAN port of your Google Wifi point. Then connect the other end to your modem.
- Plug your Google Wifi point into a power outlet. The light will slowly flash blue to indicate that it’s powered on and ready for setup.
- Place the Wifi point in plain view — you’ll get the best signal when it’s in an open space like on a shelf or TV stand.
Step 3: Download the Google Wifi app
Download the Google Wifi app on your Android or iOS mobile device. (Note: The app is only compatible with Android 4 and up or iOS 10 and up.)
- Sign in to your Google Account.
Step 4: Find and connect a Google Wifi point
Open the Google Wifi app and follow the instructions to connect it to the internet.
Scan the QR code
The app will automatically find your Wifi point. When prompted, point your phone’s camera at the QR code on the base of your Wifi point. This will automatically connect your phone to your Google Wifi point.
Note: If the QR code is missing or you’re unable to scan it, you can find and enter the code manually.
Step 5: In the app, choose your Wifi point’s location
Where is your Google Wifi point? Select a location in the app — this label will help you identify it later. You can also make a custom label.
When you’re done, tap Next.
Step 6: Set up Wi-Fi
- When asked, create a name for your Wi-Fi network. Then tap Next.
- Create a password. Then tap Create.
- Tap Yes, I’m in to turn on cloud services. This lets Google collect, store and analyze data about your network and devices to provide peak performance, real-time network insights and help when you need it. To turn cloud services off, tap “No, thanks.” Note that you won’t be able to use some features like Family Wifi and network monitoring with cloud services turned off.
Step 7: Set up additional Google Wifi points (if necessary)
Have more Google Wifi points? Select how many more you need to set up, and tap Next.
Where to put additional Wifi points
Additional points work best when they’re no more than 2 rooms away. Also try putting them in an open space.
Once you find a good spot, plug it into power and follow the in-app instructions:
- Hold your phone close to your Google Wifi point and tap Add Wifi point.
- Once added, tap Test Now to check the strength of its Wi-Fi connection and to determine if it can be moved to a better location.
Step 8: Review your network
After your Google Wifi points are setup, you’ll see an overview of your Wi-Fi network and all the Wifi points you’ve set up.
Step 9: Install software
After your Google Wifi points are setup, the app will download and install the Google Wifi software, which includes the latest features and security measures. This can take up to 10 minutes. Your Wifi points will restart and your Wi-Fi network will be down until the Wifi points fully turn on, when the light is solid teal.
Author’s Opinion regarding the Google WiFi App for PC
The Google WiFi App for PC has very strong features, while considering the security purpose, priority is very high. No VPN or RDP are required for the said purpose. In some cases, emulator also working fine and middleware software also have the important role for smooth functioning. Therefore, author recommended the Google WiFi App for PC for your personal use and has no issue regarding the installation on PC (Windows and Mac). I hope you also use it without any trouble, if you have any issue, please mentioned in the email, we will provide you answer with proper solutions. Please like and share with other, we did lot of efforts during the collections of the software for your download.