LAST UPDATED DECEMBER 2019
EFFECTIVE FROM JANUARY 2020
Interest-Based Ads disclosure: We may collect information from your use of the app that we may share with our partners to deliver personalized ads, and improve our services. This data may be associated with other data collected from your visits over time and across different applications and websites to provide you with relevant and useful advertising. Click here to modify your privacy rights: https://1weatherapp.com/privacy/#rights.
1Weather provides you with essential weather information and in-depth forecast information on your Android or iOS phone, smart device or tablet. It also provides you with features to check temperature, precipitation, Doppler radar and sunrise - sunset times as well as weather alert notifications.
- What information does the Application collect and how is it used?
User Provided Information – The Application obtains the information you provide when you download/install/launch and/or use/interact with the Application. We may ask that you provide:
(a) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use other applications from or through the Application;
(b) information you provide us when you contact us for help and support; and
(c) other information regarding your interaction with Application or advertising displayed on the same.
We may use the information you provided us to contact you from time to time and to provide you with important information, updates and required notices.
Application Collected Information - In addition, the Application may in its operation collect certain information, such as:
(a) Information about your device, including:
- Device type (e.g., make and model)
- Screen size
- Operating system
- Mobile browser used
- Language settings and time zone
(b) Unique identifiers. Unique identifiers are alphanumeric strings that are unique to your device. These include:
- iOS devices’ Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) and iOS Identifier for vendors
- Google Advertising ID (GAID) or Android ID for Android devices
(c) Location information, where permitted, including:
- Geo-location or precise location of your device
- Location information we infer based on data collected through a WiFi identifier that your device is connected to, in accordance with applicable law and provided location access is permitted
- Location information we infer from your device’s IP address
(d) Network information, including
- Mobile carrier
- Network provider or ISP
- Network type (e.g., WiFi or cellular)
- IP address
- IDs of WiFi access points to which your device is connected
- Date and time of connection
(e) Advertisement information. We collect information about the ads presented on your device, including:
- The content type of the ad (the advertiser and category, e.g., games, finance, entertainment, news)
- The ad type (e.g., whether the ad is a text, image, video or other format based)
- Where the ad is being served (e.g., the site, digital media or app on which the ad appears)
- Whether you viewed, clicked or otherwise interacted with the ad
Some of these data sets may be considered to be personal information or personal data, in which case, we ensure compliance with the privacy laws (in force) in our collection, processing or use of the same, to the extent applicable in such jurisdictions including certain data subject rights that you may enjoy under such applicable laws. We do not collect sensitive information such as biometric data, sexual preference, physical or mental health information, political opinions, religious beliefs, credit card and other banking related information, etc. Personal information does not include aggregate, de-identified or anonymous information.
The personal information we collect helps us to improve our services, conduct attribution, fraud detection and to deliver a better personalized experience which may include interest-based advertising customized to individuals’ interests, preferences and locations and to perform analysis aimed at improving your user experience. We may use the information to:
- Provide you with the Application features and its contents and suggestions;
- Provide advertisements, surveys and/or promotional content that may be of interest to you or to run advertising campaigns;
- Notify you of notices or when any relevant Application updates or upgrades that are available and requires notification; and
- Conduct analytics such as estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
Yes, the Application does collect information about the location of your device. We collect location information using network triangulation and Wi-Fi IP address to determine your general device location. We do not infer location information from Wi-Fi identifiers where the location access permission is turned off. Our third-party partners may also collect precise location data through the app to serve relevant ads.
You may at any time change your settings to prevent the Application from accessing your location data. Please see Section 7 “What are my privacy rights?” below and scroll down to find tools to withdraw consent from the collection of this data.
- Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Yes, we may share your information with third parties in the ways that are described in this Policy:
- Disclosures to protect us or others. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- Advertising networks and Analytics companies. We may share your information with brands, advertisers and analytics companies to allow them to understand the performance of their campaigns; and to help them better target their campaigns, products or offerings;
- Service Providers. The categories of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include: IT and related services; fraud detection, information and services; payment processors; customer service provider; in relation to any contracts including with respect to billing, collection, disputes;
- Affiliates. We may share personal information with our affiliates for their business purposes including data analytics, data management, audiences, insights, content management and targeted advertising (subject to adherence to any legal or regulatory directives); and
- Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
We may disclose aggregated or de-identified personal information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
- Automatic Data Collection, Cross Device Tracking and Advertising
This Application is intended to comply with the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising found at http://www.aboutads.info/principles/. We work with online advertising companies to provide you with relevant and useful advertising. Some of the ads you receive are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different applications and websites. For example, we may attempt to match your browsing activity on your mobile device with your browsing activity on your laptop. To do this our technology partners may share data, such as your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, and will match the information of the browser and devices that appear to be used by the same person.
We may use tools or third-party analytical software to collect and use certain user data, as listed in section 3 above. These data sets help us in improving our services to ensure they are more tailored to your interests.
We reserve the right to use and disclose the collected data in a de-identified, anonymized and/or aggregated manner for the business purposes of our partners. We do not pass any information such as your name, phone number or email address to other ad networks or advertisers.
We may work with attribution partners and analytics companies to help us understand how the Application is being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. We also work with advertisers and third-party advertising companies, advertisers, ad networks, ad servers that collect information about how you interact with advertising and content provided in the Application, which helps us keep the cost of the Application free. Advertisers and advertising companies use some of the information collected by the Application, including the advertising identifier assigned to your mobile device to serve advertisements that are targeted to your interests in the Application.
To learn how to opt out of the use of information collected from this Application including third party use, for targeted advertising purposes, please see the Section 7, “What are my privacy rights?”, below. If you have allowed us to collect information about your location by enabling the location option of your device, we may share it with our ad network partners in order to tailor the ads we display. We typically do not show advertising in the paid "1Weather Pro" versions of the Application. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our customers, partners or vendors (including without limitation advertising companies, advertisers, ad networks, device manufacturers or carriers or telecom partners issuing smart devices, other application developers, data enrichment partners, etc.) may disclose to us certain personal or non-personal information they have separately collected about you so that we can effectively provide our services. They do this in accordance with their own specific privacy policies and subject to their own applicable legal requirements.
- What are my privacy rights?
There are multiple options for users of this Application:
a. Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the Application– You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. The default flow is as follows: Settings > Apps > Application > Uninstall.
In the event you have uninstalled the application and want us to stop using your personal information, please submit a thorough description at email@example.com. We only retain information as described in our Retention Policy (see Section 11) below. Please follow this guideline in your email:
Subject - “Opt-out”
Body: (Include your google_adid/ google_aid/ google advertising id, along with optional: android_id, MEID.) “in relation to 1Weather Application.”
You can find your Google Ad Id by navigating your phone: Settings > Google > Ads > (Your advertising ID
b. Opt-out of Interest based advertising: You may stop or restrict the placement of technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. To opt out of the use of information collected by our advertising partners across different applications to serve ads that are targeted to your interests, please follow the steps below:
Android - Settings > Apps & Notifications > Select the 1Weather app > Permissions > Change Location Permission to your preference
iOS – Please check out How to turn Location Services on or off for specific apps on the official apple documentation https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207092/
Please also opt-out of interest-based advertising via your device OS.
For Android, please opt-out of Ads Personalization by navigating to Settings > Privacy > Advanced > Ads and toggle on Opt out of Ads Personalization.
For iOS, please enable limited ad-tracking by navigating to Settings > Privacy > Advertising and toggle on Limit Ad Tracking.
The Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) offers a separate choice tool for the collection of cross-app data on a mobile device for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses. To exercise choice for companies participating in this choice tool, you can install the DAA’s AppChoices app (see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices). To learn more about interest-based advertising based on web browsing activity and to opt out of advertising based on your web browsing activities by companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), please visit http://www.aboutads.info/. You can learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
c. Additional rights for users based out of State of California (in the United States) effective the later of (i) January 2020 or (ii) the date on which California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) comes in effect:
- You have a right to exercise certain data subject rights such as request to access/ correct/ delete/ anonymize your data, collected by us in the last 12 months, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have a right to opt out of selling of your data by clicking on the following link: - Do not sell my data. You will be able to exercise this right when the California Consumer Privacy Act comes into effect on January 1, 2020.
d.To the extent the privacy laws applicable to our processing of your personal data, provides certain data subject/ consumer rights to you such as election to opt-out of sale of your data, please reach out to email@example.com
We do not track users with cross-device identifiers, please keep in mind that every time you change your device, reset your identifier or reinstall the app please submit a new DSR request.
The Application assumes no responsibility for any third-party landing pages you access or your direct interaction with any third party advertisers even if you engage with any specific advertisement or survey campaign displayed through the Application; we recommend that you review the privacy policies of such third parties that you elect to interact with.
- Mobile Advertising Program
- Privacy of Children
The Application is meant for general audience and is not targeted to children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect about you in compliance with its legal and privacy requirements and contractual obligations. We also seek appropriate contractual protection from our partners and service providers regarding their collection, use or treatment of user data. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
- Data Retention Policy
- Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please submit a thorough description at email@example.com.